Bruschetta Recipes – 3 delicious Italian toppings
Do you love having bruschetta in Italian restaurants, and would like to make it at home? Here are 3 easy Italian bruschetta recipes that you can make and enjoy at home. These make a tasty appetizer that everyone will enjoy.
Here are the 3 recipes:
- Classic tomato bruschetta
- Garlic patè and olive bruschetta
- Melted mozzarella cheese, garlic and aubergine bruschetta
- Crunchy bruschetta bread ( I am using a crunchy ciabatta shaped like a baguette)
- Cherry tomatoes ( I used 8 to make 6 bruschetta pieces)
- Garlic pate`
- Aubergine fresh (half to make 3/4 bruschetta pieces) or ready to use roasted aubergines
- Mozzarella cheese
- Olive oil, extra virgin of course
- Basil leaves
1. Start by cutting the aubergine into cubes, and roasting them or pan frying them. Otherwise, use the ready to use aubergines suggested above.
2. While the aubergine is cooking, cut the cherry tomatoes in four, or smaller if you prefer
3. Place the cherry tomatoes in a bowl, season with salt and pepper. And then add some dry oregano and a generous drizzle of olive oil.
4. Next, take your bread and cut it into bruschetta shapes thick slices. To get the bruschetta shape, simply cut the bread at an angle rather than straight. Continue cutting the rest of the bread in the same way.
5. Take the mozzarella cheese out of the fridge, and slice it thinly to get long strips of cheese.
6. By now, your aubergine should be ready which means it’s time to start assembling the bruschetta. Take your aubergines and season with salt and pepper.
7. Lightly toast or grill your bruschetta slices.
8. Spread the garlic pate` on each slice.
9. To finish the garlic pate` bruschetta, simply add some extra garlic, a crack of black pepper and a drizzle of olive oil.
10. For the tomato bruschetta, top with the cherry tomatoes mix prepared earlier, and then finish with some basil.
11. Finally, but probably the most delicious, for your aubergine bruschetta layer the cheese slices on top of the garlic pate`, and place in the microwave for 30 seconds to melt. Next, top with the aubergine and drizzle some olive oil.
Serve and enjoy.