Today, we are going to take an International classic – Chicken Wings Honey and Garlic – and give it an Italian twist. To do that, we’ll be using our Artisan Fresh Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and Belmorso Garlic Paté. If you do this again when you get Novello EVOO, make sure to use that to up the taste even more.
You’ll be surprised how just elevating these two ingredients can completely change the final result. It’s also important to use a high quality local honey, even better if organic.
What to expect: the right level of sweetness combined with a garlicky flavour that also packs a kick. Every chicken wing will taste more delicious than the previous one because you’ll get to appreciate each of the flavour profile more and more.
What is honey garlic sauce made of?
If you use high quality ingredients, your honey garlic sauce should only include 2 ingredients, honey and garlic paté. That will not only give you a tastier more authentic result, but also be healthier and easy to prepare.
What goes good with honey garlic wings?
There’s a pletora of side dishes, Italian and non, that you could serve with honey garlic wings. Here’s a short list.
- Roasted potatoes – try our Cheese Garlic Potatoes
- Roasted Vegetables with Balsamic Vinegar
- Potato Salad from Puglia
- Italian Potato Gratin
- Fennel and Orange Salad
- A simple green leafy salad with Italian dressing
If you want something even more unique, check out the salad I am pairing with this recipe!
Just keep reading and you’ll see it.
How many chicken wings should you have?
While this totally depends on your appetite, I suggest 6 large chicken wings along a side dish like salad, potatoes, or vegetables.
How to eat chicken wings healthy?
To make your chicken wings meal healthier follow these steps:
- bake instead of fry;
- use a healthy marinade made with genuine ingredients rather than processed ones. Garlic and EVOO, EVOO and balsamic, parmesan and EVOO are healthy options.
- serve with a healthy side like a salad or roasted vegetables;
- keep your portion under 6 wings;
- skip dessert or opt for fruit, yogurt and dark chocolate.
Honey Garlic Chicken Wings Ingredients
If you are looking to make a healthy but delicious Honey Garlic Chicken Wings Meal, these are the ingredients you’ll need:
- 6 chicken wings per person for a main course portion
- a local organic honey, about 2 tablespoons per portion
- Belmorso Garlic Paté, about 3 to 4 tablespoons per portion
- Belmorso EVOO, just a drizzle
- salt and pepper to season
PS: a portion above refers to 6 chicken wings.
Crispy Garlic Chicken Wings Recipe
Here is our simple and delicious recipe. It only features 4 ingredients and it’s super easy to make.
Chicken Wings Honey and Garlic
- 1 large bowl
- 2 tablespoons
- 1 baking dish
- baking paper
- 1 knife
- 1 plate
- 6 chicken wings
- Belmorso Extra Virgin Olive Oil a generous drizzle
- 2 tbsp Local Organic Honey
- 3 tbsp Belmorso Garlic Paté
- Salt and pepper
Northern Side Salad (optional)
- 2 green apples
- 1 small onion
- 1 lemon
- 2 handfuls red currants
- 1 tbsp Belmorso Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Wash and clean your chicken wings.
- Transfer them to a large bowl, and add the Belmorso Garlic Paté.
- Next, add the honey.
- Mix everything well with a tablespoon or your clean hands.
- Put the wings in the fridge and let them marinate for at least an hour. If you are in a hurry, 15 minutes or 30 minutes should do.
- After your hour has passed, or earlier if you need to, take your chicken wings out of the fridge and transfer them to a dish with parchment paper. I like to lay mine one by one so they are not covering each other. That allows better and quicker cooking. Make sure to spoon any remaining honey and garlic paté on top of each wing. Leave any extra liquid out.
- Bake in the oven for a total of 45 minutes. Place the wings at the lowest level of the oven and let them cook for 30 minutes. Then take them out, turn each one, and put them at the top level of the oven to cook for the remaining 15 minutes. You can even grill them for 3 minutes towards the end, if you like that slightly burnt taste.
- Serve the chicken wings with a side bowl of Belmorso Garlic Paté for dipping, plus the apple salad you made. Feel free to serve with another side dish, if you prefer. For inspiration, look at all the side dishes I suggest below.
Making the Northern Italian Salad
- While your chicken wings bake, prepare your salad by peeling and cutting your apples into your preferred size - larger or smaller bites. I cut mine into small and thin slices.
- Then, slice the onion thinly.
- Add both to a bowl and add a dash of salt.
- Squeeze the juice of a lemon on top.
- Drizzle some Belmorso EVOO.
- Top with the red currants.
- If you want, you can also add parsley, better if fresh. Refrigerate until it's time to serve it.
More Chicken Wings Recipes To Try
If you love chicken wings, I am delighted to share with you these other recipes, available on our blog.
Dessert Recipes to Enjoy After Your Wings
All the chicken wings recipes I shared in this post can be enjoyed both in Summer and Winter. However, you’ll probably want to switch up your dessert.
Here’s a list of 3 delicious desserts that go after wings in Summer:
- Healthy Tiramisu
- Amaretto Gelato with Balsamic Peaches (here)
- Cantucci Chocolate Pudding Parfait
Whereas, these are 3 cosy desserts you’ll love in Winter after your wings:
- Torta della Nonna
- Italian Banana Bread with EVOO (here)
- Easter Cake with Italian Colomba (eat it all year long by just replacing the colomba with a sponge)
I hope you enjoyed this recipe and took with you a lot of inspiration for your chicken wings dinner. Should you have any questions, please leave them in the comment and I will answer them for you.
Thank you for reading.